Special Events & Fundraising Manager
I joined the Junior Achievement of North Central Ohio team as the Special Events and Fundraising Manager in April 2020. Born and raised in Akron, Ohio, I graduated with a degree in Multidisciplinary Studies: History and Business Communications from the University of Akron.
My hobbies include scouring the history section at local bookstores, whipping up new recipes in the kitchen, traveling, Cleveland sports and making memories with my friends and family.
• Part of my job: Working with my phenomenal coworkers and knowing that we are working to positively impact and enrich the lives of students in our community
• Quote: “This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. People will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, siblings make the best friends in the world. As for significant others, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
• Meal: Anything Italian, especially a homemade pasta dish
• Ohio tradition or locale: There is nothing better than being at the corner of Carnegie and Ontario in the summer
• Piece of advice: Be weird. Be unique. Be funny. Be smart. Think outside of the box. Never stop learning or asking questions. Never be afraid to fail or be yourself. Don’t beat yourself up if life doesn’t turn out the way you originally planned because something SO much better is waiting for you! Believe in yourself – you are so much more resilient than you can imagine. Be authentically and unapologetically YOU because everyone else is taken.