Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
This exciting position is responsible for foundation relationship management and grant writing throughout JA’s entire service area with a more focused approach to all other development activities in Medina & Wayne counties.
Foundation Relationship Management and Grant Writing (55%)
- Responsible for grant writing and managing the reporting process for corporate and foundation grants as well as donor advised funds, across all 15 counties.
- Generate $275,000 in foundation grant support to fund programing during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Actively identify and research new grant opportunities to support the mission of JA in alignment with our strategic plan and program priorities.
Other Development/Resource Generation Activities in Medina & Wayne Counties (45%)
- Responsible for stewardship of JA’s existing funders in Medina & Wayne counties with the goal of renewing and increasing support of JA programming.
- Work independently to identify prospects and cultivate relationships with new community and corporate partnerships to generate funding.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 or more years of grant writing experience
- 2 or more years of non-profit fundraising experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: sales, development, event management, and marketing
- Competitive and results-driven
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategy to achieve desired results
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced frequently changing environment