Class of 2022 Awarded JA Scholarships
With the end of the school year in sight, high school seniors are preparing for a lot of new: schools, cities, friends, and jobs. Junior Achievement of North Central Ohio (JANCO) is proud to partner with graduates as they take their first steps into the future.
Thanks to generous supporters, JANCO offered two scholarships, the Dave Rowekamp & Wooster Brush Company Memorial Scholarship and the JA of North Central Ohio Scholarship, to graduating seniors with previous JA program involvement. Students shared how JA’s financial- and career-focused curriculum impacted their future goals.
“We are honored to celebrate the outstanding achievements of the class of 2022,” said Lori McCleese, President. “Being an impactful part of their unique academic journeys is our mission. All the recipients highlighted what it means to be enterprising, civic-minded individuals in their high school careers and extracurricular activities. In short, they exemplify what Junior Achievement programs strive to foster.”
JANCO is honored to award the following high school seniors’ scholarships as they take their next education steps:
- The Dave Rowekamp & Wooster Brush Company Memorial Scholarship:
- Kayla Ling of Wayne County Schools Career Center (Wooster High School), attending the Stark State College; and
- Jayne Wallace of Orrville High School, attending Ohio University.
- The JA of North Central Ohio Scholarship:
- Amya Evans of Kenmore-Garfield High School, attending Kent State University;
- Kelsey Hill of Jackson High School, attending Miami University;
- Rachel Noebe of Hoover High School, attending John Carroll University;
- Olivia Windham of Lake High School, attending Ohio University; and
- Charles Zerrer of Hoover High School, attending Miami University.
Congratulations to the scholarship recipients and to the class of 2022! Best wishes from JANCO on your next steps as you create empowered tomorrows.